WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ALL-KENYANS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ALL-KENYANS > Topics

Subject: Internship Experience
Replies: 25 Views: 844

bertoz 25.07.11 - 12:37pm
Sometimes i just look back and frown @ the 2yrs i wasted doing an internship with a meager pay,tonnes of workload and lots of 'kukaliwa'.My internship wasnt even in-line with what i studied in campus yet i just went along with it coz at the moment i was just a naive uni grad glad to be gettin that thing kald a payslip @ the end of the month.A disagreement which i cant explain hia got me dismissed & the director and CFO refused 2 even sign to recognise my 2yr internship at the company so formally in CV terms,its like i wasnt even there.Now im doing much better @ the co. i joined back in 07 and..yeah,thats my internship storo.How was urs?,it can be urs,ya beshte,or an intern who waz @ ur workplace... *

kenrrazy 25.07.11 - 01:40pm
Horrible.The job was unintresting.My supervisor didnt pay much attention to me and the projects were mundane *

atien0 25.07.11 - 02:31pm
hmm..waz lucky i didnt go thru one afta uni.whow *

otosh 25.07.11 - 04:10pm
I learnt alot.Guys,its not always about the money *

njo.ro 25.07.11 - 05:50pm
Mine was handling Finance @ a certain NGO which had lotsa women.Had a nyc time coz,thing happened..mmhh.hehe and the pay wasnt that bad too *

fidiche 25.07.11 - 06:05pm
The 1st few weeks were awesome.Working was such a new fun phenomenom @ the time.After a few months,it starts to sink in and work starts to s*ck.Ur turning up late,arguments hapa pale,u start seeing how misused uve bin under the supervisors and other employees.Sudenly,u just get fed up of doing everyone's errands...thats how i quit my internship *

ladyjayd 25.07.11 - 06:17pm
I dont like interns,they dress too indescently(gals)like club chps fungas..infact last month we had one gettn fired coz of her provocative mannerisms *

muchai9 25.07.11 - 06:24pm
Ndo nafanya..nikimaliza ill comeback and comment full story *

pittah 25.07.11 - 06:32pm
I was still in my 3rd sem when i started mine.I worked hard.Did publish-worthy research,invented a design that got me no.1 patent and consequently my job.I liked it so much,i stayed on during my final semester and actually had fun coz i made some serious money.After uni i was transferred to their main HQ on upper hill fully emplyd *

gaaryy 25.07.11 - 07:00pm
My first few days were tricky.Unapewa an account and told to 'take care of it' without any specific inrtructions on how far i should go; to test what results i could produce with minimal supervisions.Its how far i take the account thats the issue..ehh.Came to realise that in the 2nd week *

vuvuzla 25.07.11 - 07:13pm
haha.I see u went thru the same.If u do too much on the a/c,the auditors come,point out ur many mistakes and make u look so amateur.But if u dont do enough with tha a/c ur persieved as some drone with no creativity and initiative *

gaaryy 25.07.11 - 07:17pm
Baas.Ndio hiyo nakwambia *

wamaalwa 25.07.11 - 07:33pm
I just enjoy bossing them around.Fullstop! once had one pick-up my wife from the airport with the convincing..ati id put a gud word 4 him on his frml emplymt to my bud the HR mngr..wapi!! *

pittah 25.07.11 - 07:41pm
Hahaha.Nilijua tu ur lyk that @ jobo.Even from the way u talk like Collymore.Woe onto the guyz in ur PR deprtmt..Im gonna drop by nxt week,kwanza bila appointment.I c tha tikteta @ work ovr sum black coffee..dont 4 get im only 200 metres away *

msupahh 25.07.11 - 07:57pm
Im naht suprised.lol..@pittah,u remember that friday we met @ Visa Place me,u,my 2 gals,drizie nd wamalwa...when that confused waitress brought us the wrong orders.Thn wamalwa going @ her; young gal,who is ur manager? what sort of incompetence is this?,.then the poor chica ran back 2 collect the 'wrong orders' as he lectured hr while she apologised contiously.I swear i laughed(silently)so much that my tummy ached lyk hell *

wamaalwa 25.07.11 - 08:05pm
Nyinyi!!! *

pittah 25.07.11 - 08:34pm
hehe..and the way she was hott,then drizie tipping her 4 making us laugh.I dont know what he whispered into her ear but im preety sure i saw her wink @ him more than twice durin the whle tym we were there..ahh,it waz in fun hanging out with yall.We shuld do it again *

msupahh 25.07.11 - 08:47pm
I dont blame her,he's soo....hehe.If u were a gal ud notice how my gf rachel was jst dying to....lol.Call me up we can organise anaa one *

man.key 25.07.11 - 08:54pm
They werent even paying me anything.Luckily for me my uncle got me a place in his bizna *

njamwea 25.07.11 - 09:01pm
Too much work but it paid off coz i was employed there eventually *

kanono 25.07.11 - 09:07pm
Wacha hata kulipwa.There are some places where you pay to get an internship ! *

lunngula 25.07.11 - 09:49pm
I did mine @ KCB and they were paying a partly 18k eventho i was working in 3 departments.I was handling accnts,doing configuration & installation of new machines,working on broken down systems...it fikad 3 months me and my bud quit and formed our own commctns co...a year down,things r still lukng gud *

antoh 25.07.11 - 09:56pm
Im yet to but from what my pal is going thru at his attcho,ahh.id rather just luk 4 a jobo instead *

fixar 25.07.11 - 10:18pm
Dont even wanna remember that experience *

kibakii 26.07.11 - 09:01am
Tour guide in a certain touring company.I found it very boring and opted for a whole new change of career *

shez26 27.07.11 - 01:28pm
anyone knows any company offering procurement internships? I need 1..pliz if u know of any inbox me. *

* ALL-KENYANS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ALL-KENYANS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search