WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ALL-KENYANS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ALL-KENYANS > Topics

Subject: Marriage Bill
Replies: 14 Views: 575

otosh 8.07.11 - 06:21pm
It was released by the Comission for Implementation of the Constitution yesterday.In this new bill,in Article 7 to be specific,come-we-stay arrangements will be considered a legal marriage if the period the couple has lived 2gethr is more than 2 yrs & each have the capacity 2 sustain marriage and as*ume its responsibility.In Article 54,the bill provides that there will be no legal provisions 4 a family or anyone to demand payment frm either of the marriage partners; this ultimately abolishing the dowry culture popular among Kenyan communities.On polygamy,the Bill provides that if u are in a monogamous marriage,the status quo remains.Men presently in a recognised monogamous marriage cannot convert to polygamous status.However,unmarried men have the option of entering a monogamous/polygamous marriage. *

otosh 8.07.11 - 06:27pm
At the time of marrying,a man can indicate that the marriage would be monogamous/polygamous which would give him the right to get married 2 another woman but the woman has no such right and cant therefore contract another marriage...It has many other things but what do u think so far? *

muchai9 8.07.11 - 07:21pm
Chipsfungas and golddiggers should hold a celebratory bash *

jerem_y 8.07.11 - 08:04pm
That means gals are free..and with the mipango ya kando mps we have..it might push through *

chickdy 8.07.11 - 08:18pm
That dowry part haijanifurahisha kamwe! *

miksonko 8.07.11 - 08:18pm
Scrolling thru my phonebook pap! *

ivy34 8.07.11 - 08:22pm
Yall know you will still pay.hehe.Enjoy the dream as it lasts *

chickdy 8.07.11 - 08:27pm
Wazi ivy hebu washow *

ivy34 8.07.11 - 08:35pm
lt them dream hun..they think we'll be given to em lyk sum relief food to malmourished kids *

ivy34 8.07.11 - 08:41pm
knowing my mum n aunts,theyd just play along but on the weddn day,that our gate will be locked and screams made till tha in-laws cough up some mula to get me out...;-O *

mandazi 8.07.11 - 09:05pm
Dont be suprised to see in a couple of days a FIDA-led protest in town.Ati no dowry no marriage *

kalonje 8.07.11 - 09:33pm
If it passes im a married man pap!...bin with my gf for 4 yrs now *

davvie1 8.07.11 - 09:44pm
I support it towtally.Why should i pay 4 goods that r being used by someone else as i type this ryt now who aint paying anything.nktestest! *

luisabby 9.07.11 - 09:01am
Mwacha mila ni mtumwa *

* ALL-KENYANS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ALL-KENYANS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search